As a parent of a 5 year old child, I see such a disconnect between his generation and mine. Everything is safe now. Everything comes with a hundred warning labels and padded corners. Everything is tested and retested a hundred times over to make sure the potential for a lawsuit is nil. And I find that a bit sad. Yes, I want my son to be safe but I also don’t want him to grow up coddled. I miss the days of toys that could take out an eye. I miss having a foot tall Shogun Warrior with a fist that launched with the speed and accuracy of a bullet. I miss having to wear an eye patch because Brave Raydeen’s kuckles scraped my cornea. Nothing toughens a boy like the potential of losing an eye.
Remember, if you want to help me recapture my youth, feel free to send me money at firstname.lastname@example.org via PayPal. I would love to own even one of the things listed on this Tumblr Account.
Help me show my son the advantage of dangerous toys.
- tretilldeath reblogged this from recapturemyyouth
- the-consulting-geek reblogged this from recapturemyyouth
- batros33 likes this
- toyslayer reblogged this from recapturemyyouth
- toyslayer likes this
- bannedfroma03 reblogged this from recapturemyyouth
- everydayabrandnewstart likes this
- thekumo likes this
- thatistheman likes this
- recapturemyyouth posted this